Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Where Our Hearts Were On Sunday...

This past Sunday we gave everyone in our adult gathering a dollar. Not only did this allow us to get our hands on the topic we were discussing, but it helped relax everyone a bit since we were handing out money- rather than asking for it. (How often does that happen in church?)

At the end of the gathering, each of us had an opportunity to use our dollar to offer a prayer about where our hearts were with regards to money. Those of us who participated put our dollar in one of three containers. Here's how the numbers shook out.

  • I'm grateful that my basic needs are met. (14 people)
  • I want to be a better manager of the money God gives me. (61 people)
  • I'm struggling to choose between God and the things money gives me. (12 people)
If you participated, thanks for your honesty and for engaging the moment.

If you didn't get to take part, which of the above phrases best describes what you would say to God about your finances today? (If none of these capture it, write your own in the comments section.)

May God hear each of these prayers and meet us where we are today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was great! I was also surprised to learn that we chose different baskets. It was something to talk about over lunch that afternoon!