READ IT: Matthew 6:24-34
THINK ABOUT IT: Reflect & Discuss
1. What do you find yourself worrying most about? Why do you think you worry most about that?
2. Can you remember a time when you worried intensely about something that now seems trivial? What was it? Why do you think it seemed so important at the time?
3. Andy makes a helpful distinction: The things we’re most devoted to determine what we worry about the most. How has this statement proven true in your life?
4. Jesus makes clear that (at the core) worrying about your life is a faith issue. There is a huge difference between knowing that God can provide for your life and believing that He will. Have you truly internalized God’s commitment to you? Do you really believe that God is faithful to provide for your life?
5. Andy says, We think our worries arise when our lives become uncertain, but the truth is, every moment of our lives is uncertain; we just become more aware of the uncertainty during certain seasons. How does it make you feel to know that your future has never certain? How does that further prove the fact that worrying is worthless? What practical steps can you begin taking today to begin living out a worry-free life in the midst of uncertainty?
DO IT: Daily Application
This week, when you find yourself getting attached or worrying about something, get off the “worry trial” and make the decision NOT to worry about it.
When you find that you’ve been responsible in the now – have done all that’s in your control – make the decision to trust God for tomorrow.